June 15, 2006
- Why were bloggers so eager to watch Fanaa on First Day First Show? To be the first ones to rave/trash the movie? Aamir Khan's last two movies have been plain disappointing. Yashraj Films offers movies with the assumption that average age of the audience is 15 and average IQ aspiring to be triple digit. And Kunal Kohli's last movie, Hum Tum, was a shoddy rip-off of a hollywood blockbuster.
- Inside Man was probably the second good movie I saw this year, first being Munich. Denzel Washington was brilliant, but I craved for more of Jodie Foster. I won't call MI-3 a good movie, but the mindless action kept me engaged.
- Da Vinci Code probably didn't deserve Tom Hanks. The fast action was much suited for the other Tom. Cruise, that is. I watched the movie for sole reason - Tom Hanks.
- Krrish and Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna have disappointing music score. Oh, yeah, few tracks of Fanaa were really good. But then, why did Jatin-Lalit steal their own tune of "Yara yara main to" from "Hum Tum" for "Chanda Chamke"? It wasn't such a hummable tune, anyway.
- Sonu Nigam seems to be a very popular singer for title songs. He has lent voice to most of the songs in the above mentioned three hindi movies. He is such a talented singer, only if he could focus only on singing. Some time back, in the award acceptance speech, he said, "I hope, next year I will get Best Actor award." Ahem!
- When Sukhwinder's Chaiyya Chaiyya from Dil Se was played while credits rolled for Inside Man, we thought, PVR folks are trying to impress us with their brand new audio system. Well, I was wrong. This song was actually part of the movie.