July 09, 2007

 

One more reason to stick to Gmail

While feature-wise, Yahoo now provides almost all things that Gmail boasts (at least for me) it clearly lacks one thing - a powerful spam filter. I rarely get spam in my Gmail inbox, while Yahoo fails to surprise me positively on this count.

If I get any spam in inbox, I mark them dutifully. Gmail learns like a good student and applies that filter specifically for me. To give an example, I have subscribed to a bunch of groups where a few noisy elements keep flooding the group with useless messages. After I marked them as spam a few times, they never appeared in Inbox or with the given label again.

This is the difference between "good enough" and "not great enough."

Labels: ,


0
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?