August 10, 2007

 

Marketing ahead of IT.

"Indian Cricket League's official website launched" was the news on home page of news.google.co.in. I thought, this is supposed to be 2007 and launch of a website is not something one can/should really boast about. The news story helpfully informs us that "Indian Cricket League has done something which the BCCI, the world's richest cricket Board, has not done in 77 years -- launch its official website."

Business Head of ICL, Himanshu Mody, was caught saying "With the website, a single point of information and application of interest will exist for all."

When I pointed my browser to the said URL, here is what I saw.

ICL.in

Then I tried the ".com" version.

ICL.com

I am surprised not ONE person bothered to check out the site before releasing and publishing the press release.

Labels:


0
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?