June 17, 2008

 

World Record





Frankly, I never understood and bought the hype surrounding Firefox 3. Now, Firefox has been my primary browser since its infancy, when it was blazingly fast. In spite of the serious performance issues with Firefox 2.x, my loyalty was never under attack, thanks to bunch of add-ons and the mild reluctance to switch to IE. In fact, I posted a Firefox trick to save few minutes of entire lifetime.

Still, I set aside my thoughts saying it doesn't hurt to download the FF3 if millions of download is going to make it a headline in NYT. But, no. They let me down. The site was not designed to handle this kind of peak load. Classic case of marketing getting ahead of the operations.

Enough of record crap. I will revisit when you site is up AND most of the add-ons are working.

Labels:


0
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?